Dr.Jayapraksh Madhavan MD, DNB, DMRT
Dr. Jayaprakash Madhavan is a senior oncologist, with over 30 years of experience in the field of radiation oncology. He has completed graduation in medicine from Trivandrum Medical College and underwent his post graduation studies at Trivandrum Medical College, Madras Medical College at Chennai. He has undergone higher training at various internationally reputed institutes such as the Holtradium Institute (Manchester, UK), MDAH Huster (Texas,USA),Upsala University (Sweden) and Tata Memorial Hospital at Mumbai.
He had been associated with the Regional Cancer Center at Trivandrum since 1983 and has served as their Medical Superintendent from the period 2002 to 2009. During his tenure at RCC, he has also headed the Gastro-Intestine & Lung Cancer Divisions. He has contributed extensively to the field of academics and research in oncology through various paper presentations and clinical research programs. He has also been a Post Graduate examiner. His specialized areas of treatment include GI and Lung Cancer & Breast Cancer.
Dr T K Padmanabhan
A graduate in medicine from Trivandrum Medical College in 1965, Dr. Padmanabhan completed post graduation from Lucknow university in 1970.
He trained in Radiotherapy and Oncology at Christie Hospital in Manchester, UK. After his return from UK, he joined the Government Medical College as a Professor and later moved to RCC as their Medical Superintendent.
After his voluntary retirement in 1993, he joined the Apollo Group of Hospitals as their senior consultant in Radiation Oncology and headed the development of their oncology center at Chennai.
Since 2004, he has headed the Department of Radiation Oncology at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi and presently continues with them as a visiting professor. He has served in highly responsible positions in both state & national organisations including the IMA, Indian Radiological Association, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India, the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) and others.
He has also played an active role in the development of the academic & research aspects of oncology through various publications & journals. He has also been a co-investigator of the national cancer registry project (NCRP) in RCC Trivandrum. He has been a Post Graduate examiner for Kerala, Calicut, Mangalore, Bangalore and Madras Universities and has also been an examiner for the National Board of Examinations.
Dr. E.Grace Shirley
She has an illustrious academic career from premier institutions. Graduated in Medicine from Thanjavur Medical College in 1999 and worked as a general practitioner. Undergone Post Graduation D M R T from Barnard Institute of Radiology, Madras Medical College, Chennai. Worked as a Medical Officer in Regional Cancer Center, Trivandrum in various divisions of RCC, Trivandrum. She has also completed D.N.B (Radiotherapy) from RCC, Trivandrum.
Meanwhile, served as Medical Coordinator in Clinical Trails in Chest and Gastroenterology Oncology division in RCC, Trivandrum. She has participated & presented papers at various National and International Conferences. Since October 2010, she has been working at KIMS Cancer Center as Registrar in Oncology.
Pain and Palliative Medicine
- Completed MBBS degree from Trivandrum Medical College on March 2004.
- Completed Certification program on Palliative medicine conducted by Regional Cancer Centre – Division of Palliative medicine in 2009.
Dr.Mohammed Sajan has 14 years experience in clinical practice,with more than 6 years on Pain and Palliative medicine.He was working for the past three years with the project called “Snehasanthwanam ” , an initiative for palliative home care by Indian Medical Association.He was also working as Medical Officer in Pain & Pallaitive Medicine at RCC, Trivandrum for 4 years.He has 4 years experience in the field of Clinical research with more than 2 years experience in the field of Clinical research Project Management.
Area of Interest
Dr.Sajan is interested in practising Pain and Palliative medicine in Hospitals as well as home care service.
- Completed MBBS from TD Medical College, Alappuzha in 1998
- Passed MS in General Surgery from Trivandrum Medical College in 2003
- Passed DNB in General Surgery in 2006
- Completed MCh in Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai in 2008
- Received hands-on training in surgery of various cancers across subsites like breast, head and neck, gynaecology, urology, thoracic surgery, GI surgery, Bone and soft tissue surgery , Plastic and reconstructive surgery, and Minimal Access Surgery from the master figures in Surgical Oncology like Dr Rajan Badwe, Dr Anil dCruz, Dr. Hemant Tongaonkar, Dr Prabha Yadav, Dr Ajay Puri, Dr Rajesh Mistry, Dr CS Pramesh etc.
- Has Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Fellowship in International Medical Sciences Academy
- Invited speaker in various National and Regional Conferences
- Faculty in various nationwide postgraduate entrance coaching CME programmes for last 8 years
Worked as Consultant Surgical Oncologist in Amala Cancer Centre, Thrissur(2008-2010) and Baby Memorial Hospital Kozhikode (2010-2016). Also associated as Faculty in Malabar Medical College, Atholi and MES Medical College, Perinthalmanna during the same period.
Fields of expertise:
General Surgical Oncology including management of cancers of breast, thyroid, head and neck, gynaecologic cancers, stomach and colonic cancers, bone and soft tissue cancers and urogenital malignancies.
Special areas :
- Sentinel node biopsies
- Retroperitoneal and Pelvic lymphadenectomies
- Neck dissections and complex head neck reconstructions
- Groin node dissections
- Limb salvage surgeries
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy
Honarary Senior Consultant – Radiation Oncology
( Retd Prof & HOD – Clinical Oncology & Radiation,RCC – Trivandrum)
MD – Radiation Oncology
DMR – Diploma in Medical Radiology & Radiation
- Over 35 years of experience in Clinical Oncology practice in academic institutions – Trivandrum Medical College and RCC,Trivandrum.
Area of Expertise:
- Over 30 years of expertise experience in clinical Oncology and Radiotherapy in the management of Gynaecological Malignancies and over 25 years of Clinical Oncology & Radiation in the management of Urological malignancies.
Specific sites of Expertise
- Cervical Cancer
- Uterine Carcinoma & Sarcomas
- Ovarian cancers
- Other Genital malignancies of females.
- Prostate Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Cancer of the Urinary bladder
- Other male Genital cancers
- Cancer of Unknown primary
Honarary Senior Consultant – Surgical Oncology
(Retd Prof & HOD – Surgical Oncology ,RCC – Trivandrum)
MS – General Surgery
- Over 30 years of experience in Surgical Oncology at RCC,Trivandrum.
- Two and half year expertise training at various Surgical procedures at the Department of Surgery,University of Wales College of Medicine located in Cardiff,UK
Area of Interest
- Breast Cancer
- Gastro intestinal Malignancies
- Soft Tissue tumours
- Reteroperitonial Sarcoma
Dr. Amrita B Rao
Brief Description :
During her 4 years of training in Tata Memorial Hospital the premier Cancer centre in the country, received extensive Hands on training in Onco-plastic Reconstruction with microvascular free flaps in Head and Neck , Soft tissue and Bony Reconstruction of limbs and Breast Reconstruction.
Also trained in Aesthetic Surgical procedures like Abdominoplasty , Liposuction , Fat Grafting and Fillers , Breast reduction and Breast lift .
Trained in Microvascular Surgeries for trauma and Burns Rehabilitation .
Education and Qualifications :
- Completed M.B.B.S from Byramjee jeejeebhoy Hospital Pune in 2007.
- Passed M.S in General Surgery from Trivandrum Medical College in 2012 .
- Completed MCh in Plastic Reconstructive and Microvascular surgery from Tata Memorial Centre Mumbai in 2017.
Area of Interest
- Microvascular Reconstruction for functional and aesthetic rehabilitation after onco-surgery .
- Surgical Rehabilitation of Burns
- Liposuction and Body Contouring .
- Breast Surgeries
Dr Shwetha Seetharam
Associate Consultant – Paediatric Oncology
Dr Shwetha has been associated with the Division of Paediatric Oncology at the Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram from 2012 to 2018 and has received extensive training in the management of leukemias, lymphomas and solid tumors including neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, Wilm’s tumor and various bone tumors.
- Completed M.B.B.S from Kasturba Medical College,Manipal in 2006.
- Passed M.D in Paediatrics from Kasturba Medical College,Mangalore in 2010.
- Completed DM in Paediatric Oncology from Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram in 2017.
Area of Interest
- Hematological malignancies and solid tumors in paediatrics
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis
Dr. G Rijju
Coordinator and Sr. Consultant – Nuclear Medicine
MD, DRM, DNB(Nuclear Medicine), FPCT
Areas of Interest
- Nuclear Oncology
- Myocardial Viability assessment
- Brain PET CT in neurodegenerative disorders and Movement disorders
- Thyroid Disorders and Thyroid Cancer management
- Neuroendocrine Tumours evaluation and therapy (PRRT )
- PSMSA peptide imaging and therapy (PRRT) for Ca.Prostate
- Radionuclide Targeted therapies
Dr. P.P.Abdul Shahid
M.D(General Medicine), DM(Medical Oncology)
Dr. B J Sunil
- Completed MBBS from Trivandrum Medical College in 1999
- Completed MS in General Surgery from Coimbatore Medical College in 2003
- Passed DNB in General Surgery in 2004
- Completed MCh in Surgical Oncology from Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai in 2008
- Underwent Fellowship in Hepatobiliary surgery under the tutelage of Professor Chao Long Chen from 1-10-2013 to 31-3-2014 at the Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan and was awarded Fellowship in Hepatobiliary surgery and Liver transplantation. The center is one of the leading living donor liver transplantation center and a high volume center for management of liver diseases especially Hepatocellular carcinoma. During this period, he was involved in HPB surgery and living donor liver transplantation.
- Was Professor of Surgical Oncology at Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai until April 2019.
- He has over 11 years of experience exclusively in cancer surgery at the largest tertiary cancer center in South India. He has also supervised postgraduate trainees during surgery.
- He has over 14 years of teaching experience in Surgical Oncology. He was also involved in taking classes for the residents in the department and assisting/ supervising them during surgery.
Fields of expertise:
- Gastrointestinal cancers including stomach cancer (Gastric cancer)
- Colonic cancers
- Liver cancer
- Gynaecological cancers
- Breast cancer
- Skin and soft tissue cancers
- Genito-urinary cancers
- Retroperitoneal tumors.
Special interest in gastric and liver cancers.