Dr.Jayapraksh Madhavan MD, DNB, DMRT
Dr. Jayaprakash Madhavan is a senior oncologist, with over 30 years of experience in the field of radiation oncology. He has completed graduation in medicine from Trivandrum Medical College and underwent his post graduation studies at Trivandrum Medical College, Madras Medical College at Chennai. He has undergone higher training at various internationally reputed institutes such as the Holtradium Institute (Manchester, UK), MDAH Huster (Texas,USA),Upsala University (Sweden) and Tata Memorial Hospital at Mumbai.
He had been associated with the Regional Cancer Center at Trivandrum since 1983 and has served as their Medical Superintendent from the period 2002 to 2009. During his tenure at RCC, he has also headed the Gastro-Intestine & Lung Cancer Divisions. He has contributed extensively to the field of academics and research in oncology through various paper presentations and clinical research programs. He has also been a Post Graduate examiner. His specialized areas of treatment include GI and Lung Cancer & Breast Cancer.
Dr T K Padmanabhan
A graduate in medicine from Trivandrum Medical College in 1965, Dr. Padmanabhan completed post graduation from Lucknow university in 1970.
He trained in Radiotherapy and Oncology at Christie Hospital in Manchester, UK. After his return from UK, he joined the Government Medical College as a Professor and later moved to RCC as their Medical Superintendent.
After his voluntary retirement in 1993, he joined the Apollo Group of Hospitals as their senior consultant in Radiation Oncology and headed the development of their oncology center at Chennai.
Since 2004, he has headed the Department of Radiation Oncology at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi and presently continues with them as a visiting professor. He has served in highly responsible positions in both state & national organisations including the IMA, Indian Radiological Association, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India, the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) and others.
He has also played an active role in the development of the academic & research aspects of oncology through various publications & journals. He has also been a co-investigator of the national cancer registry project (NCRP) in RCC Trivandrum. He has been a Post Graduate examiner for Kerala, Calicut, Mangalore, Bangalore and Madras Universities and has also been an examiner for the National Board of Examinations.
Dr. E.Grace Shirley
She has an illustrious academic career from premier institutions. Graduated in Medicine from Thanjavur Medical College in 1999 and worked as a general practitioner. Undergone Post Graduation D M R T from Barnard Institute of Radiology, Madras Medical College, Chennai. Worked as a Medical Officer in Regional Cancer Center, Trivandrum in various divisions of RCC, Trivandrum. She has also completed D.N.B (Radiotherapy) from RCC, Trivandrum.
Meanwhile, served as Medical Coordinator in Clinical Trails in Chest and Gastroenterology Oncology division in RCC, Trivandrum. She has participated & presented papers at various National and International Conferences. Since October 2010, she has been working at KIMS Cancer Center as Registrar in Oncology.
Dr. Shali S Nair
Pain and Palliative Medicine
- Completed Certificate Course in Pain and Palliative Medicine (CCPPM) from Trivandrum Institute of Palliative Sciences, Pallium India (WHO Collaborating Centre for Training and Policy on Access to Pain Relief.)
- Completed MDS From Kerala University of Health Sciences, Kerala, India
11years of experience in clinical practise in Noorul Islam College of Dental Science, NIMS Medicity, General Practitioner in Thyvalappil Musthafa Hospital and in Pallium India.
Area of Interest
Interested in palliative care in hospitals as well as home care by providing pain relief, to enhance the quality of life and integrates the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care.
- Completed MBBS from TD Medical College, Alappuzha in 1998
- Passed MS in General Surgery from Trivandrum Medical College in 2003
- Passed DNB in General Surgery in 2006
- Completed MCh in Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai in 2008
- Received hands-on training in surgery of various cancers across subsites like breast, head and neck, gynaecology, urology, thoracic surgery, GI surgery, Bone and soft tissue surgery , Plastic and reconstructive surgery, and Minimal Access Surgery from the master figures in Surgical Oncology like Dr Rajan Badwe, Dr Anil dCruz, Dr. Hemant Tongaonkar, Dr Prabha Yadav, Dr Ajay Puri, Dr Rajesh Mistry, Dr CS Pramesh etc.
- Has Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Fellowship in International Medical Sciences Academy
- Invited speaker in various National and Regional Conferences
- Faculty in various nationwide postgraduate entrance coaching CME programmes for last 8 years
Worked as Consultant Surgical Oncologist in Amala Cancer Centre, Thrissur(2008-2010) and Baby Memorial Hospital Kozhikode (2010-2016). Also associated as Faculty in Malabar Medical College, Atholi and MES Medical College, Perinthalmanna during the same period.
Fields of expertise:
General Surgical Oncology including management of cancers of breast, thyroid, head and neck, gynaecologic cancers, stomach and colonic cancers, bone and soft tissue cancers and urogenital malignancies.
Special areas :
- Sentinel node biopsies
- Retroperitoneal and Pelvic lymphadenectomies
- Neck dissections and complex head neck reconstructions
- Groin node dissections
- Limb salvage surgeries
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy
Honarary Senior Consultant – Radiation Oncology
( Retd Prof & HOD – Clinical Oncology & Radiation,RCC – Trivandrum)
MD – Radiation Oncology
DMR – Diploma in Medical Radiology & Radiation
- Over 35 years of experience in Clinical Oncology practice in academic institutions – Trivandrum Medical College and RCC,Trivandrum.
Area of Expertise:
- Over 30 years of expertise experience in clinical Oncology and Radiotherapy in the management of Gynaecological Malignancies and over 25 years of Clinical Oncology & Radiation in the management of Urological malignancies.
Specific sites of Expertise
- Cervical Cancer
- Uterine Carcinoma & Sarcomas
- Ovarian cancers
- Other Genital malignancies of females.
- Prostate Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Cancer of the Urinary bladder
- Other male Genital cancers
- Cancer of Unknown primary
Dr. Amrita B Rao
Brief Description :
During her 4 years of training in Tata Memorial Hospital the premier Cancer centre in the country, received extensive Hands on training in Onco-plastic Reconstruction with microvascular free flaps in Head and Neck , Soft tissue and Bony Reconstruction of limbs and Breast Reconstruction.
Also trained in Aesthetic Surgical procedures like Abdominoplasty , Liposuction , Fat Grafting and Fillers , Breast reduction and Breast lift .
Trained in Microvascular Surgeries for trauma and Burns Rehabilitation .
Education and Qualifications :
- Completed M.B.B.S from Byramjee jeejeebhoy Hospital Pune in 2007.
- Passed M.S in General Surgery from Trivandrum Medical College in 2012 .
- Completed MCh in Plastic Reconstructive and Microvascular surgery from Tata Memorial Centre Mumbai in 2017.
Area of Interest
- Microvascular Reconstruction for functional and aesthetic rehabilitation after onco-surgery .
- Surgical Rehabilitation of Burns
- Liposuction and Body Contouring .
- Breast Surgeries
Dr Shwetha Seetharam
Associate Consultant – Paediatric Oncology
Dr Shwetha has been associated with the Division of Paediatric Oncology at the Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram from 2012 to 2018 and has received extensive training in the management of leukemias, lymphomas and solid tumors including neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, Wilm’s tumor and various bone tumors.
- Completed M.B.B.S from Kasturba Medical College,Manipal in 2006.
- Passed M.D in Paediatrics from Kasturba Medical College,Mangalore in 2010.
- Completed DM in Paediatric Oncology from Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram in 2017.
Area of Interest
- Hematological malignancies and solid tumors in paediatrics
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis
Dr. G Rijju
Coordinator and Sr. Consultant – Nuclear Medicine
MD, DRM, DNB(Nuclear Medicine), FPCT
Areas of Interest
- Nuclear Oncology
- Myocardial Viability assessment
- Brain PET CT in neurodegenerative disorders and Movement disorders
- Thyroid Disorders and Thyroid Cancer management
- Neuroendocrine Tumours evaluation and therapy (PRRT )
- PSMSA peptide imaging and therapy (PRRT) for Ca.Prostate
- Radionuclide Targeted therapies
Dr. P.P.Abdul Shahid
M.D(General Medicine), DM(Medical Oncology)
Dr. B J Sunil
- Completed MBBS from Trivandrum Medical College in 1999
- Completed MS in General Surgery from Coimbatore Medical College in 2003
- Passed DNB in General Surgery in 2004
- Completed MCh in Surgical Oncology from Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai in 2008
- Underwent Fellowship in Hepatobiliary surgery under the tutelage of Professor Chao Long Chen from 1-10-2013 to 31-3-2014 at the Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan and was awarded Fellowship in Hepatobiliary surgery and Liver transplantation. The center is one of the leading living donor liver transplantation center and a high volume center for management of liver diseases especially Hepatocellular carcinoma. During this period, he was involved in HPB surgery and living donor liver transplantation.
- Was Professor of Surgical Oncology at Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai until April 2019.
- He has over 11 years of experience exclusively in cancer surgery at the largest tertiary cancer center in South India. He has also supervised postgraduate trainees during surgery.
- He has over 14 years of teaching experience in Surgical Oncology. He was also involved in taking classes for the residents in the department and assisting/ supervising them during surgery.
Fields of expertise:
- Gastrointestinal cancers including stomach cancer (Gastric cancer)
- Colonic cancers
- Liver cancer
- Gynaecological cancers
- Breast cancer
- Skin and soft tissue cancers
- Genito-urinary cancers
- Retroperitoneal tumors.
Special interest in gastric and liver cancers.
Dr. Rajitha L
Consultant- Medical Oncologist
- Completed MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Trivandrum in 2004
- Completed MD (General Medicine) from Govt. Medical College, Trivandrum in 2008
- Completed DM (Medical Oncology) from Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram in 2016
Clinical, Teaching and Work experience:
- Three years worked as Junior Resident in General Medicine and subspecialties in Government Medical College, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
- Two years worked as Consultant Physician at Periyar Hospital, Kumily, Idduki.
- 10 months worked as Lecturer at Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala in the Department of Medical Oncology
- Three years worked as Senior Resident in Medical Oncology in the Department of Medical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Two years and 9 months worked as Assistant professor in Medical Oncology in the Department of Medical Oncology, Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Dr. Subin Sugath
Consultant – Orthopaedics Onco Surgeon
Dr. Subin Sugath is Consultant Orthopaedic Oncosurgeon, with more than 9 years of experience in treating bone cancers. Trained extensively in management of bone tumours both adults and children, he is an expert in limb preserving surgeries for both benign and malignant bone tumors and also surgical treatment for metastatic lesions in spine and other bones.
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Oncology (Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai)
- DNB Ortho (Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram)
- D. Ortho (Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram)
- MBBS (Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram)
- Bone cancer management in children and adults
- Expertise in Limb preserving surgeries for bone tumours that avoid amputations like Megaprosthetic replacement, re-implanting the same bone after sterilization with radiation, expandable implants which increases in length as the patient grows
- Expertise in advanced surgical treatment for malignant lesions in spine and bones in other parts of the body
- Published 10 articles in prominent Indian medical journals
- He was worked as a Senior House Officer at Alexandra Hospital, Redditch and as a Clinical Observer at the Ormskirk General Hospital in the United Kingdom
- He was worked as an Assistant Professor in Orthopaedics at SUT Academy of Medical Sciences
- He was worked as a clinical fellow in the Bone and Soft Tissue Service of Tata Memorial Hospital
- He has done clinical observership in Orthopaedic Oncology at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, UK
- Limb preserving surgeries
- Metastatic lesions in spine and other bones
Dr. Bharath V M
Consultant – Oncosurgeon
- Completed MBBS from Vinayaka Mission Medical college, Pondicherry in 2005
- Passed MS in General Surgery from Govt. Medical College, Trivandrum in 2011
- Completed M.Ch in Surgical Oncology from Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum in 2015
- Has Fellowship in International College of Robotic Surgeons (Gurgaon 2016), Fellowship in Minimal Access Oncosurgery (Indoamerican Hospital, Hyderabad, 2015)
- Assistant Professor in Surgical Oncology in RCC Trivandrum (2017 – 2019)
- Sr. Specialist in surgical oncology in Aster Medicity (2016 -2017)
- Colorectal and gastric malignancies
- Breast and sarcoma and gynaecological malignancies
- Vascular access – chemoport insertions
- Minimal access in Oncosurgeries